A laser is an instrument that produces a very narrow, intense beam of light energy. When laser light comes in contact with tissue, it causes a reaction that can remove or shape tissue. They minimize bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments. Laser can be used as a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of dental procedures:
- Endodontic Treatment (Root Canal Treatment)
- Peri-Implantitis Treatment
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea Treatment
- It can be used to reshape the gums into a more esthetically pleasing configuration
- To control of gum disease. Problem bacteria are controlled with laser energy.
- They are occasionally used for biopsies, lesion removal, or frenectomies.
- Lasers can be used for teeth whitening, to control tooth sensitivity, inflammation and TMJ (Jaw point) pain.